Friday, November 30, 2007

What a week....

Lets start at the beginning...

The Tuesday before Thanksgiving it was about midnight when Brian and I woke up to a strange burping noise. Into Addie's room we went and she was covered (literally) in vomit. She was just kicking and smiling... After we changed her bed and clothes, and gave her a little sponge bath I was up with her until about 4am while she continued to be sick. She wasn't too bothered by it all, but she didn't sleep much. She seemed fine on Wednesday, although she wasn't drinking too much. My parents arrived that night. Thanksgiving was good, we had a good day. Addison still wasn't eating great, but we have really started to push some solids and gerber's #3 jars, so we assumed that was why. Ohhhhhh were we wrong. The "fun" was just about to begin. Thanksgiving night around 12:30 Brian woke up and said he felt like he was going to throw up... he was sick for the next 24 hours. I can honestly say that I have never seen him look worse, he was SO sick. At one point he said, "It has already had it's way with me, why can't this be over already!". Friday everyone else was doing well, other than some major blow outs from Addison. Friday evening Payton started vomiting. I slept for part of that night in her bedroom to help her when she was sick. That is until I got sick myself. Mom following on Saturday morning. My dad was the last to fall on Sunday. Thank God that Brian was feeling better on Saturday! It was the most miserable weekend I think we have all had. Brian and Payton had it the worst though. I have decontaminated all the bathrooms, doorknobs, light switches, faucets, bedding, towels.... multiple times now...

Monday morning Brian left for Chicago for the week. Monday night I emergency paged our pediatrician because Addison was having such diarrhea that it was soaking through her clothes instantly. She still wasn't drinking well, and I realized that she wasn't drooling much at all, she is usually soaked! I was worried she was getting dehydrated. So after a long talk with the doctor I ran out to get pedialyte for her. She actually likes it. We pushed bananas and the pedialyte and she turned the corner by Tuesday night and finally is back on track. Mom and dad stayed until Wednesday morning, they needed to recover themselves, and since then it has been me and my girls. Brian comes home tonight, and we can't wait! Payton really misses him when he is gone for work, but this time she seems even more sad. Last night after we got home from daycare she cried when I put the garage door down because she said that Daddy wouldn't be able to get in when he got home. This morning she woke at 5:30am and cried for 15 minutes... "Daddy, I want Daddy....." So basically she is sick of this momma time and will probably be attached to Brian as soon as she sees him!

Thank god the last 10 days are over!!!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Sounds like what we all went through last Christmas! NOT fun!

Sonja said...

Oh my. :( I'm sorry you were all so sick. That sounds horrible.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like we got out of Owatonna just in time! None of us came down with anything luckily... Your poor family - what a holiday!