Sunday, December 04, 2005

I've arrived!

Finally!!!
I am at my destination of Penang, Malaysia. I'll be here for the next five days visiting our contract manufacturer. I have various things to discuss with them as well as tour the line and hopefully visit some of their suppliers in the area. Since I'm in quality its my job to make sure they're doing things correctly. Fortunately they are very capable and willing to do just about anything we ask.
Here's how the rest of the trip went....
I arrived in Singapore around 12:30am local time. They have a transit hotel right in the terminal so you don't have to go through customs. You don't get your luggage either, but if you packed some clean undies and your toothbrush in your carryon then things will be just fine. The connecting flight diddn't leave until 11:00am so I had some time to take a shower and get some rest. Of course, resting isn't all that easy when your body thinks its 10:00 am! I managed to sleep a couple hours so today I'm not too groggy. The flight ot Penang was only a little over an hour from Singapore. Too bad it couldn't have been all in one day rather than the long layover in Singapore. Penang is hot, humid, and tropical as you might expect being about 5 degrees north of the equator. So far its not altogether unpleasant, but I've only been here a short time and haven't really seen much yet.
One of the guys we're here to see is taking us to dinner tonight, so that should be interesting. I've got a few hours before that happens so I think I'll try to rest a little.

3 comments:

Dave said...

The best thing about international travel is black market/bootleg goodies! Be sure to pick yourself up some movies!!

Brian said...

We're going to try and track down some DVDs. I hear that they're going for about 3 Ringetts in some places wich converts to less than a dollar US!

Anonymous said...

Are they on the same region? UK movies do not work in the US. not on the computer or the DVD player.