Tuesday, December 19, 2006

30 Weeks and Counting!

Well, I had my 30 week appointment today. I had to repeat the one hour glucose test. My results were much worse! Not so bad that my doctor thinks I have gestational diabetes, but bad enough that I have to do one of 2 things. I can do the 3 hour glucose test, as I have already said I hated that with Payton (even though it was normal), or I can meet with their dietician to get tips on streching my carbs throughout the day. My doctor thinks that for me minimal diet changes will be all I need to keep that blood sugar lower after a carb boost. So I opted for the dietician. I will probably have to be doing some blood sugars at home just to monitor how it is going, so I have an appointment tomorrow and then in 2 weeks I will see my OB again and we will look it all over. I told him "real nice this is going to be over Christmas:)" ha ha... he told me that I can skip a few days in there if I want! So it isn't the worse case scenario, but I feel a little disappointed. I could just do the 3 hour and get a normal result and be done with it, but I would rather be really good for the next 10 weeks and make sure that our baby girl is okay.

We also had an ultrasound. We never got to see Payton this far into the pregnancy so it was sorta fun. My doctor confirmed again that she is a girl "I would bet my house on it", and everything is looking really good in there. She is measuring early... 1 1/2 weeks early to be exact. Whether or not she is just big or that my off dates in the beginning are coming back to haunt us we don't know. We will have to wait until February to see. I actually lost 1 pound in the last 2 weeks. So we are +4 for this pregnancy so far. I am waiting for that appointment when I will really have packed the pounds on! My BP is still awesome. So all the major things are going great, thank goodness.

On to Payton news, she is done with her eye drops! YEAH! Although she took them pretty good. Tomorrow is the last day for the antibiotics for her ears. And we are still on with the iron drops. We are back at the pediatrician in the beginning of January for more blood work and to see the doctor. I am glad that her hemoglobin is better, but these stupid iron drops aren't helping her low iron counts. So we will see what her doctor says. I am going to push for a multivitamin once these 3 months are over and no more iron drops. Her teeth are turning brown now... we are really sad about that, but it is temporary thank goodness. We have been really good at her teeth brushing too. Oh well... So overall she has been doing good. We let her open a couple of her big gifts this past weekend. We really didn't want to haul the bigger gifts to MI just to try to wedge them back into the Blazer. Santa brought her "my first dollhouse". It is fischer price, and she LOVES it!!!! I would recommend it to anyone! It has a mom, dad, and a baby and the little house is so cute!! She has been playing with it all the time, she is so cute talking with her little dolls. She loves to give the baby a "tubbie". Grandma and Grandpa Steward gave her a little basketball hoop which is a huge hit. I think she is more into the ball and playing catch than making baskets:) She will walk up to you and say "one, thee (3) catch it!" and then she proceeds to throw it at you! She is getting a little better at catching it herself too. She is such a big girl...

No comments: