Today at work I got a phone call from Payton's daycare. Her eyes were red, draining, and she was rubbing at them all afternoon. I wonder what that could be! ha ha... I couldn't get her into her doctor today and daycare's policy is that if it is pink-eye she needs to be getting treatment for 24 hours before she can return to daycare. So we took advantage of Urgent Care in my clinic. For those of you that don't have Urgent Care (it is huge here in MN) it is basically a walk in clinic that is open extended hours. Well, our sweetie not only has pink-eye, but she has an ear infection as well. So in addition to her iron drops twice a day she now has eye drops 3 times a day and antibiotic twice a day... Our medicine cabinet is bursting! I was surprised that her eyes looked as pink as they did when I picked her up today. She was just fine this morning. And the ear infection is just beginning the doctor said. Good thing we caught it early. It hasn't been bothering her at all, although she is always poking her ears... Well, she hasn't had an ear infection in a year so that is good. And we were just over the stomach bug... Looks like Brian and I will have to split the day tomorrow to be home. Unfortunatly Brian has a meeting and Tuesdays are huge chemo days for us at my job. But we will make it work, anything for that little girl:)
4 comments:
Poor little girl!! Give her a hug for me!
Those drops are unbelieveable. After 2 doses her eyes looked good as new. And fortunately she seems to like the taste of her antibiotic. She doesn't even run away when it is time for it! I actually had to make a chart for our fridge because with 3 different meds we don't want to miss one, or accidently give her it twice!! That has happened with her iron drops. Brian will give her them and then I will as well. Poor thing!
How is she doing with the iron drops this time? Any easier now that she's a bit older?
The iron drops are doing okay. We just need to get her while she is distracted with something else. Usually a cartoon. It is easier than last year, but she has a bigger dose now as well...
Post a Comment