Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Baby update...

So here is the scoop from my appointment today. I figured that my last post was long enough! I had to break it up:) I am just about 28 weeks and the pain and pressure has continued, but not gotten any worse. Not is seems that muscle cramping has taken over. One of my calves is hurting daily. This pregnancy is so much different than Paytons! Other than the first 3 months of nausea/vomitting with her I was golden until week 39. I will take any symptom this pregnancy gives me if I don't have the complications that we had with Payton.

So my blood pressure is doing just awesome! He is convinced that my elevated BP after having Payton was an OB issue not a cardovascular one. So that is great news! He asked me if I felt that I was a lot bigger this time around, and of course I do! I have only gained 5 pounds over pre-pregnancy, but this belly is HUGE:) He said that my uterus is measuring a little earlier than 2-28-07. He is okay with that because my dates were really goofed up so it took him a couple of appointments to give me a due date. And he would rather me be measuring earlier rather than later at this point. So next appointment I have another ultrasound so that he can look at the placenta and make sure everything looks good in there. We will see how those measurements date me. We need a little bit of a heads up because my parents need to be here for Payton. Her heartbeat was great and she obviously wasn't loving that probe on my stomach because she kept kicking at it. Too funny.

I had my blood sugar done and the cut off for "normal" is 130-140 one hour after that drink. I was at 135. So next visit I have to do it again, this time fasting. I am so glad that he isn't making me do that 3 hour glucose tolerance test. I did that with Payton and it was torture, but the results were normal. He said that was the good news...

Of course they took my hemoglobin and it was low at 9.3. BIG surprise! I was expecting him to put me on iron supplements soon anyway. Not that they do much for me, but I will take them anyway. Any little bit helps right!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

When I was pregnant with Emma I had to do the three-hour glucose test. What a pain in the butt! Luckily everything turned out fine.

I'm glad that things are going well with your pregnancy, besides the aches and pains. :)

Anonymous said...

Ugh... The pressure and pain the second time around was WAY worse than my first pregnancy!! Hang in there, you're in the home stretch! :)