Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Here we go again...

Last week on Friday I had a meeting at work so Payton was in daycare that day. I decided that I would knock off some of our Christmas shopping. I was on a mission! I was all over town buying the things that we knew for sure we need to buy. So now we just have the "what do I get them?" gifts left. I have a feeling we will be out on Christmas Eve this year! I went to pick up Payton and her teachers (I don't know if I mentioned that I really LOVE her teachers in the toddler room!) told me that she was "quite the character" that day. Laughing, walking funny, making funny faces... she has been in such a great mood lately! Saturday was more of the same, we went to swimming lessons and then shopping later in the day (a complete bust I might add!). Sunday morning we had to get up early to go to church. We had to be there early because we were asked to light the first candle of the advent wreath. Then we were off to the Owatonna Hockey pancake breakfast Brian had bought tickets for. We met a couple of friends from my work there and one had said that her husband was home with their youngest (he is 3 1/2) who was up all night with the stomach flu. Poor guy! Later that afternoon Brian said she must have jinxed us! Payton woke up from her nap crying and before I could get her to the bathroom we were both covered. Of course Brian was out at the store! He has yet to be around when she throws up! Lucky for him he was witness to more later that day. She didn't really eat that night just drank and Monday morning she seems all better. I picked her up last night from daycare and they said that other than she seemed tired in the morning she was her happy little self. She ate a good dinner and off to bed last night. This morning I had a doctor's appointment and Payton needed her blood drawn again so when she hadn't gotten up at 8:30 I went in to get her. She was just flaccid when I got her dressed and refused to eat anything and didn't say a word. For all of you that know our Payton that is NOT like her! I called Brian and work and we decided that since she didn't have a fever and was drinking some juice that I would just go ahead to the appointments. We had to leave by 9:30 to get to the first appt. on time. Brian's work is about a 25 minutes drive. At 9:15 I heard Payton cough a little and I took one look at her and KNEW what was coming. Again, we didn't make it in time! I called Brian to get home. I didn't want to miss that appointment with my OB because I had already drank that horrid glucose drink and needed to be there to get my finger stick. He flew home and I was only 5 minutes late. Now Payton is just laying on the couch looking totally pathetic... Thank goodness I am off today and tomorrow! Hopefully Brian and I will stay healthy!

No comments: