Wednesday, February 28, 2007

What the .....!

Well, we went for our one week visit for Addison on Monday and Payton was due for a fluoride treatment and labs...

Addison weighed in at 7 pounds 3 ounces (up 3 ounces since being discharged from the hospital) so she is about 15th percentile for both height and weight. She didn't really get too jaundiced, so that was good. No lab draws for her. We are going back next week for another weight check and to go over her newborn screen (PKU results for those of you who remember this) with her Pedi. She is doing really well. She is waking up 2-3 times a night to eat and usually goes right back down. The last couple of nights I have only been up around 35 minutes each time with her which is really nice. She does tend to wake up if her arms "escape" her swaddle, but she usually goes right back down. Brian is so much better at the swaddle than I am! I will have to wake him up more to help me out with that one! And she seems to love that pacifer. If only she could control her arms... she keeps batting it out of her mouth! She doesn't seem to concerned with Payton being all over her either. We figure she will be one tough cookie!

Payton had her flouride and did awesome. I always think she is going to fight it, but she just opens that little mouth and lets the nurse paint that flouride right on. We did have her blood drawn, and she did pretty good. Just a little whining and wiggling when I held her in my lap. That is typical for her. The doctor's office called on Monday to say that her hemoglobin is still low at 10.1. We are still waiting for her iron counts to come back. We have been doing the iron supplement drops since the beginning of November. They are totally not doing much. So we will all be making the trip to the doctor's next week and discuss options with the pediatrician. It will probably depend on what her iron levels are, but I am pretty much done with the iron. It isn't helping... and she isn't symptomatic so hopefully she will recommend something easier. This is getting so old... My parents are still here and my mom actually remembers going through the exact same scenario with me and my sister Nicole. I am no worse for wear, although I still have to be on my iron supplements. My hemoglobin was 9.8 when we were discharged. The apple doesn't fall far does it?!

No comments: